Great post. I agree with you all the way. As a former inmate of 10 years on drug charges, I worked for 6 cents an hour at times. Giving inmates real jobs that pay real wages is good for everyone involved.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Prison Reform Movement
The United States Criminal Justice System is flawed, broken, yet fixable; Prison Reform and Sentencing Reform should be major agenda's for each state- we need to stop warehousing prisoners and ready those who are going to parole.
Inmate rehabilitation improves public safety and lowers prison costs.
“We have to care because we can't afford not to".
Posts here are NOT my work, unless noted as such. See my disclaimer in the 'about' section. This blog serves as a Public Service Announcement.
Top Posts & Pages
- 476,012 hits
- I joined the cause to #StopChildAbuse! Please, join me and help us by donating your tweet here helpspreadthis.org #DT @helpspreadthis 1 hour ago
- It's time to Free the Leaf .....#MMOT 3 hours ago
- Colorado Experiments with Telemedicine for Inmates govtech.com/Colorado-Exper… 5 hours ago
- Corrections dept. study finds no spike in parolee arrests under Calif. prison realignment law therepublic.com/view/story/bcf… 5 hours ago
- Mentally ill inmates report higher rates of sexual victimization upi.com/Top_News/US/20… via @upi 6 hours ago