The Short Corridor Collective at Pelican Bay State Prison has asked us to publish a letter denouncing the reforms proposed by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR). The collective remains in steadfast opposition to the proposal, which they rejected in March of this year. This statement responds to the CDCR's July proposal revision, saying: "We remain 100% opposed to CDCR’s revised proposal for the same reasons stated publicly ." More pointedly, it also says: "We cannot accept the garbage proposal from CDCR!"
Agreement to End Hostilities - PBSP-SHU Short Corridor Collective -
December 21, 2012
[...] Prisoners reject CDCR proposal; threaten new hunger strike [...]
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Prison Reform Movement
The United States Criminal Justice System is flawed, broken, yet fixable; Prison Reform and Sentencing Reform should be major agenda's for each state- we need to stop warehousing prisoners and ready those who are going to parole.
Inmate rehabilitation improves public safety and lowers prison costs.
“We have to care because we can't afford not to".
Posts here are NOT my work, unless noted as such. See my disclaimer in the 'about' section. This blog serves as a Public Service Announcement.
Top Posts & Pages
- 481,994 hits
- FULL MOON.....!!! fullmoon.info/en/fullmoon-ca… 6 hours ago
- RT @Jeanne201: #FF @angola3news @Angola3 @CAprisonfocus @Addameer @theCCR @PrisonReformMvt @NABEELRAJAB #PrisonJustice #guantanamo #Bahrain… 8 hours ago
- @PrisonReformMvt help us get the word out about @DecarceratePA's 100 mile march to end mass incarceration in PA... fb.me/1GAWcDoyF 8 hours ago
- RT @DecarceratePA: @PrisonReformMvt help us get the word out about @DecarceratePA's 100 mile march to end mass incarceration in PA http://t… 8 hours ago
- RT @GANGSTAQUOTES: #FF @solitarywatch @ACLU @GangstersIncWeb @hiphopjustice @FilmsForAction @PrisonReformMvt @Strong_BlackMan @uscapitol @a… 8 hours ago